It is the goal of the University of Kansas Fire Marshal Authority to strive to provide and maintain safe conditions and to follow operating practices that safeguard all employees, students and visitors. Our purpose is to provide a safer environment for the University community through compliance with the State of Kansas Fire and Life Safety Codes as adopted by the Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM).
The goals of our policy are:
- To encourage safe practices and living habits throughout the University, thereby reducing the threat of injury to faculty, staff, students and visitors
- To reduce the risk to people and property by creating and maintaining a safe University environment
- Mitigate the effects in the event of a fire by reducing the incidence and degree of injuries and loss of property
Please direct any questions or comments to the University Fire Marshal, Bob Rombach.
In case of fire:
- Pull a fire alarm break station nearby
- Exit the building
- Call 911 from a cell phone or other location